Getting to Know Our Ingredients
Made in small batches, every Willowdale Botanicals product is packed with as many raw ingredients from our farm as possible. In particular, we look to the herbs helichrysum, lemon balm, rosemary, chamomile, and lavender. Known for delivering amazing healing and regenerative properties to the skin, as well as sublime natural fragrance. We also grow these herbs organically, and each are featured in one of our key products—even our newest product, Gel Hand Sanitizer!
A brief overview of our fab five botanicals:
- Helichrysum (Helichrysum sanguineum): Sometimes called Everlasting, this fragrant herb has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, and is also meant to help keep skin feeling soft and hydrated, and many even help keep acne bumps at bay. Look for it in our Helichrysum Nightly Renewal Cream.
- Lemon Balm (Melissa officinalis): With a delicate lemon scent, the name of this herb says it all. We use lemon balm in our Melissa & Rosemary Soothing Toner, where it helps fight free radical damage, soothe irritation and redness, and keep skin feeling refreshed and hydrated.
- Rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis): When you think of rosemary you may think of the kitchen, but it’s also great for skincare, as well. Full of free radical fighting antioxidants, rosemary may also help balance oiliness and keeps skin looking firm and toned. Find it in our Antioxidant Moisturizing Elixir.
- Chamomile (Matricaria Recutita): You likely know chamomile as a delicious tea that helps calm and relax, perfect for nighttime. It’s also an amazing herb for skin, where it may help brighten and clarify the complexion, and soothe redness. We use it in our Deep Spa Cleansing & Softening Oil.
- Lavender (Lavandula angustafolia): Ahh lavender…this amazing herb with beautiful purple flowers and a heady, robust scent has been used in skincare for centuries. Reputed to have anti-inflammatory properties, lavender may also help reduce the appearance of redness/blotchiness in the skin, and soften the severity of acne or other scars. It’s also great for healing and softening dry skin, which is why it’s one of the four botanicals we use in our cult-favorite Heal & Seal Sea Buckthorn Balm. Trust us, your winter dry heels and elbows will never feel softer.