The ingredients we select and the high quality we insist upon are key to the effectiveness of our products. Here at Willowdale Farm we grow and distill some of the certified organic hydrosols we use to make our lotions and toners.
Love to dive deep into what you put on your skin? Click on the ingredients below to check out why we choose them for our formulas:
- Helichrysum (Helichrysum sanguineum): Sometimes called Everlasting, this fragrant herb has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, and is also meant to help keep skin feeling soft and hydrated, and many even help keep acne bumps at bay. Look for it in our Helichrysum Nightly Renewal Cream.
- Lemon Balm (Melissa officinalis): With a delicate lemon scent, the name of this herb says it all. We use lemon balm in our Melissa & Rosemary Soothing Toner, where it helps fight free radical damage, soothe irritation and redness, and keep skin feeling refreshed and hydrated.
- Chamomile (Matricaria Recutita): You likely know chamomile as a delicious tea that helps calm and relax, perfect for nighttime. It’s also an amazing herb for skin, where it may help brighten and clarify the complexion, and soothe redness. We use it in our Deep Spa Cleansing & Softening Oil.
- Rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis): When you think of rosemary you may think of the kitchen, but it’s also great for skincare, as well. Full of free radical fighting antioxidants, rosemary may also help balance oiliness and keeps skin looking firm and toned. Find it in our Antioxidant Moisturizing Elixir.
- Lavender (Lavandula angustafolia): Ahh lavender…this amazing herb with beautiful purple flowers and a heady, robust scent has been used in skincare for centuries. Reputed to have anti-inflammatory properties, lavender may also help reduce the appearance of redness/blotchiness in the skin, and soften the severity of acne or other scars. It’s also great for healing and softening dry skin, which is why it’s one of the four botanicals we use in our cult-favorite Heal & Seal Sea Buckthorn Balm. Trust us, your winter dry heels and elbows will never feel softer.